Weekend fire in Oyster River
A house fire broke out in Oyster River on the weekend.
Fire Chief Bruce Green says crews were called out at around 10:00 AM on Saturday morning to find a house full of smoke, with a fire in the basement.
Green adds thankfully, there no injuries reported in this blaze and the building is structurally sound.
Green says it appears the fire may have been started by a stove that was turned on by accident. He uses this as a reminder to make sure all your appliances are turned off once they’re done being used.