Busy night for Comox Fire
It was another busy night for Comox Fire crews.
Comox Fire Chief Gord Schreiner says the first call they received was to a downed hydro line, which had sparked a fire where it connected to a house.
He says the second call was from neighbors who heard a smoke alarm ringing at a home.
Schreiner says upon arrival, they found a pot on the stove, in what they call a “forgetful fire”, which they see a lot of.
Schreiner says the case is a reminder of the importance of smoke alarms, noting the fire could have been much worse had neighbors not heard the alarm and called emergency crews.