Crime prevention grants available to BC communities
Organizations working to make communities safer can now apply for some grants to help with their efforts.
The 2019-2020 Civil Forfeiture Crime Prevention and Remediation grant program has funding streams focusing on the following:
- Community-led crime prevention
- Healing and rebuilding in Indigenous communities
- Restorative justice
- Addressing violence against women and children, including:
- Sexual assault and violence
- Domestic violence prevention/intervention programming for those who commit violence in intimate-partner relationships
- Human trafficking, sexual exploitation and vulnerable women in the sex trade
- Child and youth advocacy centres
- Police responses, specialized equipment and training
The last day to submit grant applications is November 18th. Grants will be awarded in March 2020.
For more information on the grant application and submission process, follow this link.