Cumberland council approves five-year financial plan
Village of Cumberland sign. (stock photo)
The Village of Cumberland is laying out the blueprint for its future projects.
Council recently approved the village’s five-year financial plan.
Projects planned for 2020 include:
Road and underground utility projects
- Derwent Avenue, Fifth to Sixth Street – road reconstruction and storm sewer
- First Street, Maryport to Ulverston – water and storm sewer
- Lane south of Dunsmuir, Fifth to Sixth – sanitary sewer
- Maryport Avenue, Third to Fourth – road and storm sewer
- Sixth Street, Derwent to Allen – sanitary and storm sewer
- new sidewalk on Windermere, First to Second microsurfacing of Comox Lake Road, and portion of Union Road
- ditch regrade in alley at Mill Street/Cumberland Road
Other projects include:
- fire hall construction at 4382 Cumberland Road
- boat launch improvements at Lake Park
- parking lot upgrades at Coal Creek Historic Park
- update roads master plan
- municipal facilities maintenance review
- replace interior doors at Cumberland Recreation (grant)
Design in 2020 for 2021 construction:
- Wastewater lagoon treatment upgrades – hire project team and engineer, define project scope and specifications, geo-technical site investigation, design and pre-construction work, conclude reed bed trail.
- Ambleside Avenue, First to Second – road, water, storm and sanitary sewer
- Egremont Road, Dunsmuir to Penrith – sanitary sewer
- Maryport Avenue, Egremont to Silecroft – water, storm sewer and road work
Council is expected to consider the tax rate bylaw for 2020 in April.