Comox Valley cancelling events in response to COVID-19
Photo of the old CVRD Building on Comox Road. (Taken by Jonathan Gauthier)
The Comox Valley Regional District and the surrounding jurisdictions are cancelling some public activities and events in response to COVID-19.
The district says its grand opening event, scheduled for March 18th will be cancelled as a precautionary measure.
Other local organizations and events are cancelling activities as well.
Some of those include:
- The Comox Valley Curling Club: All curling has been cancelled for the rest of the season, including the Battle Of The Breweries Keg Curling Fundraise
- The Comox Fire Rescue Youth Firefighter Camp: Comox Fire Rescue says due to health concerns for students, staff and guests the March 15-19th camp has been cancelled
- The Comox Valley Youth Leadership Summit: The summit was set to take place on March 22nd but has been postponed till further notice.
- Comox Valley Road Runners Half Marathon: The Comox Valley Road Runners RV Half Marathon scheduled for March 22nd has been cancelled.
- Shows at The Sid Williams Theatre: The theatre says multiple shows have been cancelled including the March 26th showing of A Night of Bowie, the March 29th showing of Fantastic Mr. Fox, and the April 28th showing of Sarah Harmer.
The CVRD says its sports and aquatics centres will remain open with programs running as scheduled but measures are being taken to increase sanitization within both facilities, including the closing of steam rooms, hot tubs and saunas.
For up-to-date information on how COVID-19 is affecting the Comox Valley, click here.