Comox Valley Community Foundation providing more grants to local organizations
Comox Valley Community Foundation Logo (Provided via Facebook)
The Comox Valley Community Foundation is dishing out more money to local organizations.
As part of its COVID-19 Emergency Response Grants, $52,500 will be heading to 11 groups to assist with the community’s response to the COVID-19 crisis.
President of the Comox Valley Community Foundation, Matt Beckett says the donations make a big difference for the community.
“The need in our community remains great and we are very happy to be able to support our agency partners as they transition the delivery of their programs and services in
response to the pandemic and its impact on our most vulnerable neighbours” said Beckett.
“With this latest round of grants, CVCF will have invested $211,900 in our community’s COVID-19 response, with more to come.”
Recipients of the $52,500 include:
- The Anderton Therapeutic Gardens Society ($1,000)
- Coalition to End Homelessness/Comox Valley Transition Society ($6,000)
- Comox Valley Community Arts Council ($5,000)
- Comox Valley Child Development Association ($5,000)
- Comox Valley Pregnancy Care Centre ($2,500)
- Comox Valley Transition Society ($7,500)
- Cumberland Community School Society ($8,500)
- Denman Community Education Society ($2,500)
- Northgate Foursquare Church( $3,000)
- Salvation Army Comox Valley Ministries ($10,500)
- Stepping Stones Recovery House for Women Society ($1,000)
The CVCF says charity funding applications are still being taken and the deadline is July 23rd, with the fourth and final round of grants expected to be released mid-August.