Listen Live
HomeNewsComox Valley teacher-librarians helping expand online reading for students

Comox Valley teacher-librarians helping expand online reading for students

Comox Valley Schools teacher-librarians are putting more virtual reading material into the hands of students this summer. 

The district is welcoming a large selection of new eBooks through the SORA Reading app.

SD71’s digital reading project recently switching from Follett Destiny to SORA to expand its inventory of digital books and audio.

With more than 600 titles, the Comox Valley District’s SORA platform allows students to discover and enjoy the industry’s largest collection of online reading and audio material for both leisure and educational purposes.

- Advertisement -

The addition of the new titles was introduced to the district in July through project lead Tracy Richards, a teacher-librarian at Mark R. Isfeld Secondary and G.P. Vanier’s teacher-librarian Ken Errico, as well as Mark R. Isfeld Secondary library clerk Starsa Aucterlonie.

Richards says the online tool makes it easier than ever to help kids enjoy summer reading during the current pandemic situation. 

“Students can read online via computer or on their devices via the SORA app, shared Richards. “The ease of reading is further augmented by the ability to link up to Vancouver Island Regional Library’s eBooks. Students can have access to thousands of books online.”

The Comox Valley School District currently has over 2000 copies of books, some with multiple copies to lend. 

- Advertisement -

Students can download and access the SORA reading app on the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store and can search for their local school. 

Assigned reading material from teachers will be listed or they can browse through the vast collection in the digital library.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -