Listen Live
HomeNewsGet your fireworks permit first this Halloween: CVRD

Get your fireworks permit first this Halloween: CVRD

Looking to light Halloween fireworks in the Comox Valley?

You’ll need a permit for that.

The Comox Valley Regional District says permits are a must for anyone setting off fireworks in within Electoral Areas A, B or C.

You’re also only allowed to set them off on your own property, or with another property owner’s permission. 

Fireworks will be available for sale from Oct. 24th to Nov. 1st, and must be from a commercially zoned retailer operating under the current fire regulations within the region. 

- Advertisement -

If you live in Comox, Courtenay, or Cumberland you’re asked to call the municipality for fireworks regulations and permit requirements.

Permits are $10 and are available online or at the CVRD office at 770 Harmston Ave. 

You must be 18 and older to apply.

“This Halloween get your fireworks permit first,” explains Amanda Yasinski, Manager of Bylaw Compliance.

“Failure to have a permit is a $500 fine. It is also important to please respect your neighbours, Ministry of Health event restrictions and physical distancing requirements.”

For more information on required fireworks permits within the electoral areas, click here.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -