Island Health declares COVID-19 outbreak at Campbell River care home
Island Health has declared a COVID-19 outbreak at the Discovery Harbour long-term care home in Campbell River.
One staff member has tested positive for COVID-19 and is self-isolating at home.
No residents are currently experiencing symptoms.
Communication with residents and families is underway.
Discovery Harbour is owned and operated by Park Place Seniors Living
The outbreak is limited to one neighbourhood within the facility.
Admissions, transfers and visitation to the entire site have been stopped.
Enhanced control measures have been put in place at the site.
Island Health says it’s working with Discovery Harbour leadership and staff to identify anyone who may have been exposed and is taking steps to protect the health of all residents and staff.
The health authority that these safety measures are being taken at the facility.
- Staffing levels will be maintained to provide resident care;
- Visitors are restricted;
- Staff and resident movement has been restricted;
- Cleaning and infection control measures have been enhanced;
- Residents, families and staff are being notified;
- People living in the neighbourhood are being tested for COVID-19;
- All staff who worked on the affected neighbourhood are being tested;
- Twice a day screening of all staff and residents.
For more information about COVID-19 visit: www.islandhealth.ca/covid19.