Listen Live
HomeNewsHornby Island students to start school year at Tribune Bay education centre

Hornby Island students to start school year at Tribune Bay education centre

HORNBY ISLAND, B.C- Students on Hornby Island will starting school at Tribune Bay this year.

The island’s school was heavily damaged in a major fire over the weekend, leaving it unusable.

According to a news release from the Comox Valley School District, students enrolled at Hornby Island Community School will now be going to school at Tribune Outdoor Education Centre starting next week.

There will be a three-day education program based out of the centre. School district staff are still working to determine another location for a short-term education centre, after those three days are finished.

- Advertisement -

Staff and the chair of the district also met with the community today to talk about plans for students enrolled from kindergarten to Grade 8.

“A temporary location for delivery of educational programs is currently being discussed and a plan created,” read the release.

“Long-term solutions for replacing or repairing the community school are still uncertain and dependent upon the status of the current facility. The cause of the fire is still under investigation. Results from the investigation, as well a report on damages sustained will be released once they are made available.”

Police and fire investigators are still looking in to what happened.

- Advertisement -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -