Too Good To Be Threw fire believed to be accidental: RCMP
Too Good To Be Threw Thrift Store in Courtenay will be closed until further notice after a fire on January 20, 2019. Photo by Justin Goulet/98.9 The Goat/Vista Radio
COURTENAY, B.C- A destructive fire in Courtenay’s downtown core is believed to have been an accident.
Two weeks ago, the Too Good To Be Threw Thrift Store was heavily damaged in a late night fire, which was first discovered by a Comox Valley RCMP officer just after midnight on January 20th.
Courtenay crews were able to knock down the blaze shortly after 1:00 a.m., but the business has been shut down until further notice.
The RCMP are handling the investigation into the fire, which appeared to start at the back of the building.
According to detachment spokesperson Corporal Tori Cliffe, multiple people of interest who were present in the area at the time of the fire have been identified. However, the blaze does not appear to have been intentionally set.
The investigation is still ongoing.
Anyone with information should contact the Comox Valley RCMP detachment, or Crimestoppers.
Too Good To Be Threw helped to raise funds for the Comox Valley Transition Society (CVTS). The society offers assistance to women and children fleeing violence in and around the Comox Valley.
A report in the Comox Valley Record has indicated that almost nothing in the store was salvageable.