COMOX, B.C. – The Town of Comox is hosting a public workshop today, to help shape the future direction of its community centre.
Through an open house/community workshop, the town is asking for the public’s help to create a site master plan for the centre.
The site master plan will answer three broad questions:
- What recreation amenities can be added to the site that will best engage the community?
- What improvements can we make to how the community comes to and through the site: parking, traffic flow, pedestrian and bike lanes, etc.?
- What does the future building footprint look like?
There are three session planned for today (April 8th)
- community engagement (Workshop 1) from 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. in the centre’s multi-purpose Hall 1;
- an open house from 3:30 to 6:00 p.m. in the centre’s lobby; and a
- community engagement (Workshop 2) from 6:00-7:00 p.m. in the centre’s Room A
Consultants Urban Systems will guide the engagement and open house sessions to inform and record the views of the community.