Listen Live
HomeNewsNIC’s Campbell River campus has expanded, renovated space

NIC’s Campbell River campus has expanded, renovated space

New and returning North Island College students will be greeted by an expanded space. 

The college’s Campbell River campus has been undergoing a $17.5 million expansion, which includes 105, 000 square feet of new and renovated space. 

“We’re very excited to welcome new and returning students to this newly renovated space,” vice president of strategic initiatives Randall Heidt said.

“Crews have been hard at work this summer getting a number of the changes complete in time for students to arrive for Orientation Day.”

- Advertisement -

The new spaces include a student commons and teaching kitchen. The campus expansion also means NIC’s trades programs will be able to move to the Dogwood Street campus, as it was previously at Vigar Road.

“One of the priorities for this expansion was to bring all students to one location in Campbell River,” Heidt added.

“Along with providing new shops for our trades students to learn in, it allows those students easier access to all the services we have at our Dogwood Street campus and gives them more opportunity to connect with students from other programs.”

The next few months will see the finishing touches done. The college says a grand opening is scheduled for early next year. 

- Advertisement -

NIC’s Orientation Day is on September 3rd. Classes start the next day, but registration is open until September 12th.

Click here for more on NIC’s course offerings. 

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -