Listen Live
HomeNewsMore study abroad opportunities coming to NIC

More study abroad opportunities coming to NIC

North Island College students will soon have more options and opportunities to study abroad. 

The school says that’s thanks to a new federal plan called the International Education Strategy. This helps Canadian colleges and universities increase opportunities for students to gain international learning experiences.

“Studying abroad is a life-changing experience for students,” NIC’s executive director of international education Mark Herringer said. 

“It not only allows students to immerse themselves in another culture, but also provides them with many important life skills that serve them well throughout their education and career.”

- Advertisement -

A report called the Global Skills Gap in the 21st Century shows that employers are increasingly looking for workers who have had study abroad experience. 

“Study abroad gives students skills like intercultural communication, flexibility and adaptability, resilience, working with ambiguity and also lets students learn a lot about themselves – what they value and what works for them in terms of fit,” Herringer added. 

“It sets them up for success as they look for employment opportunities and planning their careers.”

NIC currently offers study abroad opportunities and is now building partnerships for opportunities in the USA, Turkey, France, Germany, Belgium, Ireland and England. 

- Advertisement -

Federal support through the new strategy means the school will be able to expand the options for where students can go, their length of stay, as well as the types of experiences they can have. 

Applications for study abroad are now open. Visit NIC’s study abroad page to learn more.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -