Senior’s accused attacker ordered to stay off Vancouver Island
Photo of a RCMP Cruiser (Vista Radio Stock Photo)
The woman who’s accused of attacking a senior in Courtenay over the summer is being told to stay away from Vancouver Island.
During a bail hearing at the Courtenay Courthouse, Katherine Devlin of Vancouver was ordered to live with her mother in Revelstoke.
The 32-year-old has also been told to stay away except for court appearances.
Other conditions include taking her prescribed medication and not to consume alcohol or drugs.
The 78-year-old woman was attacked Aug. 27 in the Menzies Avenue and 3rd Street area.
The RCMP says thanks to several witnesses who stopped to intervene, a suspect was arrested a short distance away.
The victim had minor injuries but was not taken to hospital.
Devlin was charged with assault and robbery.
The RCMP says there is no evidence to suggest that this assault is connected to the machete attack on a senior that happened earlier in the summer.
Devlin is scheduled to appear in court again on Oct. 31.