Highway 19A at Ryan Road is the Comox Valley’s top spot for crashes: ICBC
Map for Courtenay (Supplied by: ICBC)
There are some dangerous intersections in the Comox Valley.
New data released by the Insurance Corporation of British Columbia (ICBC) shares which intersections in town have seen the most crashes.
The province’s auto insurer recently updated its interactive map highlighting the top spots between 2015 and 2019.
In Courtenay, Highway 19A at Ryan Road took first place with 216 crashes over the four-year span.
Lerwick Road at Ryan Road wasn’t far behind with a total of 215 crashes, followed by 17th Street at Cliffe Avenue with 138 crashes.
Between 2015 and 2019, the ten busiest intersections saw a total of 1,174 crashes.
Comox Valley crashes, 2015 – 2019:
- Highway 19A & Ryan Rd – 216 crashes
- Lerwick Road & Ryan Road – 215 crashes
- 17th Street & Cliffe Avenue – 138 crashes
- Back Road & Ryan Road – 118 crashes
- Old Island Highway & Ryan Road – 114 crashes
- Comox Valley Parkway & Cumberland Road – 85 crashes
- 17th Street Bridge & Comox Road – 79 crashes
- 5th Street & Cliffe Avenue – 72 crashes
- Crown Isle Boulevard/Crown Isle Road & Ryan Road – 69 crashes
- Highway 19A & Vanier Drive/Veterans Memorial Parkway – 68 crashes
More crash statistics for the Comox Valley, along with other municipalities on Vancouver Island can be found here.