Listen Live
HomeNewsComox Valley Schools’ grad garment donation project gets new name

Comox Valley Schools’ grad garment donation project gets new name

A grad clothing donation program, formerly known as the Cinderella/Prince Charming Project, has a new name.

Staff and students at G.P. Vanier Secondary School have landed on a new title for the project, ‘Grad Class Special Attire for your Special Day.’

The former community-run program, inherited by Vanier last October, aims to give all students the opportunity to wear a gown or suit on graduation day without the burden of any financial challenges associated with purchasing a brand-new outfit or having one made for their milestone event.

Vanier staff Kelley Giorgianni and Susan Quinton took on the project with the assistance from fellow Vanier support staff, teachers and students, including trades students who are lending their skills by constructing clothing racks and individual fitting rooms.

- Advertisement -

“Since we first announced that the project was now up and running, we have received a tremendous amount of support in the form of volunteers from the community, garment steamers and clothing,” said Giorgianni. 

“The outfits keep coming in and we are accepting more and more on a regular basis.”

Students will be able to schedule an appointment beginning the week of April 12th for fitting and choosing an outfit.

‘Grad Class – Special Attire for your Special Day’ will operate out of Vanier Secondary on Headquarters Road but is accessible for any graduating students who are in need of an outfit.

- Advertisement -

To book a fitting, contact G.P. Vanier Secondary office 250-338-9262 or 250-338-2110. 

Alternatively, send a message via email to [email protected].

The school will continue to accept grad clothing and accessories, particularly clean shirts for men.

Financial donations are also accepted to help offset costs to dry clean items.

- Advertisement -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -