Despite the holiday season, the Comox Valley RCMP is reminding residents that help and support call numbers are still available.
Police say while the holidays are associated with festive cheer, for some, it can bring stress, sadness and tension with an increase this year because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
“Everyone has been affected by the stress of the pandemic and adding holiday stress is going to be very difficult for some of us,” said Cst. Keeley Deley, Special Victims Unit, Comox Valley RCMP.
“Police officers are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for assistance in a crisis or emergency and there is additional support available through other community agencies.”
The following services will be available over the holidays in the Valley:
- The Crisis line at the Lilli House, 250-338-1227 (24hrs/day, 7 days/week)
- Community-Based Victim Services, 250-338-7575 (Monday – Friday)
- Police Based Victim Services, 250-334-5979 (24hrs/day, 7 days/week)
- Local RCMP Detachment, 250-338-1321 (non-emergency calls)
- Call 911 in case of an emergency (24hrs/day, 7 days/week)
Police are wishing those a peaceful holiday season.