Listen Live
HomeNewsNorth Island College to hold student art exhibition

North Island College to hold student art exhibition

Art created by students at North Island College will be showcased at an upcoming art exhibition on Friday.

The pieces will feature fine art and digital design and development including ceramics, painting, drawing, printmaking, video and sound, 3D design and others.

Pieces will be shown in the Raven and Shadbolt studios on NIC’s Comox Valley campus. Some outdoor installations will be outside for the opening night.

NIC School of Fine Art department chair Elizabeth Russell says the event is very important to their students.

- Advertisement -

“This event matters so much to students, as they have the opportunity to exhibit their art, sometimes for the first time in a professional setting,” said Russell. “For faculty and staff at NIC, we have the opportunity to celebrate the work of our graduating students at this event as well.”

This is the first year that the fine arts will be opening all the art studios to the public from printmaking to ceramics with art from each studio on display.

Daytime viewing opportunities will also be available on April 23 from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. and April 25 to 28 from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.

Those interested in learning more about art programs at NIC can attend an online information session on April 26 from 7:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.

- Advertisement -

More information can be found on the school’s website.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -