Applications for charity grant funding are now available through the Comox Valley Community Foundation.
The foundation says $353,000 will be available to charities and non-profit organizations. They say they are taking a “five-pronged approach” to grants for the year, splitting the funds for each issue.
The breakdown is as follows:
- $75,000 to address housing insecurity and homelessness
- $20,000 to assist with charitable/not-for-profit sector development
- $50,000 to support recreation and social programming for adults with diverse abilities
- $50,000 to support environmental and climate action initiatives
- $158,800 directed to Community Enrichment Grants
Housing affordability and homelessness were identified as the most important issues facing the community, according to the foundation.
Programs that address food insecurity and food systems, mental health and connection, Indigenous-led or benefitting projects, and arts, culture and heritage will also have a multi-year funding option and can request funding for up to two years.
Applications for the community enrichment grants and housing insecurity grants will be accepted until Sept. 22.
More information can be found on the foundation’s website.