COURTENAY, B.C. – Gymnasts from Courtenay Recreation’s gymnastics program recently participated in the Comox Valley Gymnastics Championships.
The floor, parallel bars, balance beam and trampoline and vault were all used to showcase the skills and techniques students have learned in the program.
Trophies and medals were awarded to:
- Mykayla Brazier – Girls Gymnastics Challenge Trophy
- Vanessa Eigler – Vern Nichols Dedication and Drive Trophy for Best Overall
- Chace Balbon – Herb Bradley Outstanding Boys Trophy, and Best Overall Trampoline Trophy
- Annika Balbon – Level 2 Trampoline Trophy
- Cameron Bruns – Level 1 Trampoline Trophy
- Sarah Roberts – Outstanding Effort Medal
- Alexis Dueck – Achievement Medal
- Jack Bindernagel – Perseverance Medal
Over 125 athletes took part in the event on March 17, 2018.