Listen Live
HomeNewsComox ValleyPoisonous mushrooms found in Comox

Poisonous mushrooms found in Comox

People in the Comox Valley are being warned about poisonous mushrooms.

Death cap mushrooms were found near growing Filberg Park on Friday and pose a high health risk in urban environments.

While they closely resemble some edible mushrooms from Asia, eating them could result to liver and kidney damage, or death.

The Town advises you to never eat anything that you can’t tell if it is edible or not, along with keeping kids and pets at a safe distance away from the mushrooms.

- Advertisement -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -