The State of Emergency continues today in the City of Courtenay.
The City will continue to monitor levels and coordinate flood response with BC Hydro and Emergency Management BC.
The City appreciates that BC Hydro is doing everything they can to manage the water levels that are in their control.
The City would also like to thank the public for their cooperation during this flood event.
Road & Intersection Closures
These closures continue from yesterday, as water levels remain high and tides continue to be a concern.
· Comox Road CLOSED from Highway 19A bypass (by Kia dealership) to Old Island Highway
· Old Island Highway from Comox Road to Headquarters Rd.
· 5th Street Bridge CLOSED
· Dove Creek Road at the Dove Creek Bridge CLOSED
· Puntledge Road & Tsolum Road CLOSED
· Old Island Highway at Headquarters Road
· Ryan Road at Highway 19A bypass
· Comox Road at Highway 19A bypass
· Anderton Road at 5th Street
· 5th Street at Cliffe Avenue
Please obey traffic control signage and/or traffic control personnel.
· The Lewis Centre is CLOSED again today and programs are cancelled.
· The LINC Youth Centre is CLOSED again today and programs are cancelled.
· The Courtenay Riverway / Airpark Walkway is CLOSED
· A portion of the Rotary Riverside Trail has been CLOSED since late November due to a slope failure
Caution is recommended alongside ALL local rivers, as river levels are exceptionally high and currents are strong
We will post updates on the City website at www.courtenay.ca and on the City of Courtenay Facebook and Twitter channels as they become available.