Listen Live
HomeNewsComox ValleyDeath cap mushrooms found near Filberg Park

Death cap mushrooms found near Filberg Park

The Town of Comox is warning residents about highly poisonous mushrooms found near a popular park.

They say death cap mushrooms have been found near Filberg Park. In a statement, the town adds that the mushrooms are a high health risk in urban environments.

The mushrooms are extremely poisonous and eating them can lead to liver and kidney damage, or death, according to the BC Centre for Disease Control.

They add the mushrooms look similar to edible species from Asia.

- Advertisement -

The town asks residents to not eat mushrooms they cannot identify as edible and ensure children and pets are kept at a safe distance.

More information about the mushrooms can be found on the BC Centre for Disease Control’s website.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -