Some Comox Valley businesses working with the craft of hops are award winners in the province’s beer scene.
Two local breweries came home from the BC Beer Awards this month with validation that their beer is top-notch.
Among many breweries, both Gladstone Brewing Co. and Ace Brewing took home wins with Gladstone being crowned brewery of the year.
The awards for the breweries are as follows:
Brewery of the Year – Gladstone Brewing Co.
- Gladstone Czech Dark Lager – Gladstone Brewing Co.
- Oktoberfest Schwarzbier – Parallel 49 Brewing Co.
- 33 Acres of Darkness – 33 Acres Brewing Co.
Malty UK and Irish Ale
- Gladstone Porter – Gladstone Brewing Co..
- Overcast – KPU Brew Lab
- Invictus Dark Mild – Smuggler’s Trail Caskworks
North American Amber and Brown Ale
- Gladstone Red Ale – Gladstone Brewing Co.
- Blue Buck Ale – Phillips Brewing & Malting Co.
- Mizaru – Monkey 9 Brewing Pub Corp
- Gladstone NEIPA – Gladstone Brewing Co.
- Widowmaker – Backcountry Brewing
- 445 Galaxy IPA – Faculty Brewing Co.
Gladstone also got second place in the North American Light Ale category, while Ace Brewing took the win with their Droptank Ale.
Ace Brewing also got an honourable mention with their Spitfire Lager in the International Lager Category.