Listen Live
HomeNewsComox ValleyNIC to continue supporting international students amidst potential changes

NIC to continue supporting international students amidst potential changes

North Island College will continue supporting international students while changes are underway to enrollment levels.

NIC says it is currently working with the Ministry of Post-Secondary education and future skills to figure out how reforms and new policies will affect future enrolment of international students.

Across the campuses in the Comox Valley, Campbell River, and Port Alberni, there are 768 international students.

This comes as the federal government announced a 35 percent reduction in approved study permits for the next two years.

- Advertisement -

Vice president of student and community engagement Kathleen Kuhnert says that international students are integral to learning environments.

“Our goal is to always support our students and the communities we all call home,” said Kuhnert.

The college says they have student supports and tuition practices for students to use, including their Journeying together plan.

The plan is the college’s first indigenous-serving plan, focusing on recruiting and enrolling, developing international learning, discussing about global experiences, and building relationships with local businesses.

- Advertisement -

For more info about the plan, click here.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -