The 5th Street Bridge is expected to reopen to two-way traffic in the coming days.
The City of Courtenay says the bridge is expected to reopen Thursday, weather permitting. They say dismantling and clean-up of the construction area over the coming weeks include:
- Removing temporary signage, road markings, and traffic signals
- Removing the temporary priority lane for transit and emergency vehicles
- Removing the bridge detour and returning to two-way bridge traffic
- Restoring bus stops on Cliffe and Anderton avenues to their permanent locations
- Reopening 5th Street Bridge south sidewalk
The city is asking drivers to drive with caution as workers continue their work on the site and the bridge.
They thank residents for their patience as the bridge has been fixed and restored.
- Advertisement -